Thursday, September 20, 2012

WARNING. I AM KIND OF COMPLAINING. BUT NOT REALLY.

Don't get me wrong, I love college.  But I feel like there is no stop.  Like right now, I want NOTHING more than to lay down and nap for an hour before dinner because I was up until 1:00 writing a paper about Aristotle and his stinking poetics and I just got back from tanking my first graded monologue...  But alas, I cannot.  Why, you may ask?  Because I have psychology homework to read and a quiz to take, read two chapters of a leadership book and complete a quiz, learn the melody to an Italian song, do algebra homework, practice piano, study lines for the show because we are supposed to be off book...by yesterday... 

Whoever told me college was going to be easy lied to me.  I do not appreciate it right now.

Blah.  Well, now that I've gotten THAT out of my system(sorta), let's talk about the good things!

I love my psychology professor.  She is super nice and really funny.  She is also really easy to talk to, I've already gone to her with questions and she has answered them with a big smile.  The drama professor who teaches acting fundamentals is absolutely hilarious.  He is always telling stories and making jokes. He is blunt which I appreciate.  He tells it like it is(Just like he told me that my monologue was better on Tuesday)... 

Even though my foundations in leadership class has a massive workload, I'm enjoying it and getting to do some really neat things through it.  Yesterday I had the opportunity to interview a woman for my woman leader project.  She was AMAZING! So much fun to talk to and she has such an interesting story.  I also got to hear Dot Maver speak about peacebuilding on Tuesday.  She is such an inspirational woman with a passion for peace. 

It's really neat going to a college where the president of the college knows you by name.  Dr. Rodgers and I have had several little conversations and she always remembers my name.  It makes me feel important and wonderful!

I don't know what I'd do without Meghan. She's super fantastic. We have sort of, kind of, attached at the hip since the first day.  I don't think there has been a single day(besides when I went home for the weekend) that we haven't eaten a meal together.  She's my closest friend here.

Susie is the best roommate in the entire world.  We get along SO well.  We have a lot in common! We listen to similar types of music, laugh a lot, make faces at each other, love God, care about our studies, are passionate about traditions and so many other things.  I couldn't ask for a better roommate!

There are so many other young women that I just love to pieces!  Everyone here is so silly, open minded and straight up weird. 

All around, I really do love it here.  I'm just tired. Welp. Psychology beckons... Have a gorgeous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment